Before applying, please do some basic research about our products, our brand, and our values to see if these potential job opportunities align with your interests and values. Please be thoughtful in your application and include a cover letter that touches upon the following: Why are you a great fit for this role? How is your previous experience relevant? Why would you like to be a part of our team?
Seasonal Studio Assistant
Job Summary: Seasonal Studio Assistant
Hereafter is searching for a Seasonal Studio Assistant / Production Assistant to join our team. We have openings for either a seasonal, full-time role or an ongoing part-time role, depending on the candidate. This is an entry-level operations-focused role fit for someone with great attention to detail and a desire to join a small team where their contribution will make an impact. The Production Assistant will focus on end-to-end production, including operating our laser cutters and assembling and packaging products. Our ideal candidate is excited to work in the gift and stationery industry, is eager to learn, and wants an opportunity to grow with a small, creative business.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Assisting with end-to-end production, from operating our laser cutter to assembling and packaging products.
- Operating and maintaining laser cutting machinery.
- Cutting wire and ribbon.
- Assembling, cleaning, and packaging products.
- Inspecting supplies and finished products to maintain high quality standards.
- Assisting in ensuring supplies and inventory are up to date.
- Keeping inventory organized and easily accessible for fulfillment.
- Helping to maintain an organized, clean, and safe workspace.
Qualifications & Skills
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Deep desire to learn and grow.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to take direction and learn quickly.
- Adaptable and flexible.
- Positive energy and outlook.
- Self-motivated to perform well and be an integral part of the team.
- Perform well in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to stay focused while performing repetitive tasks for long periods of time.
- Wants to work in a creative environment (even though this is an operations role, not a creative role)
- Location: Torrance, CA (~30 min drive from Downtown Los Angeles, ~20 min drive from Downtown Long Beach).
- Job Type: Seasonal full-time (from August through December) or seasonal / ongoing part-time. Potential to extend hours depending on the candidate’s skills and performance.
- Compensation: $15/hour with opportunity for growth.
- Timeline: ASAP
Note: Workplace safety is super important to us. We have a warehouse space that allows for distancing and we take care in cleaning / disinfecting often when working in shared spaces. We wear masks during the workday and have our warehouse doors open for max air circulation. <3
- Contact: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with resume AND cover letter with subject line: Job Inquiry - Seasonal Studio Assistant